I'm going to make this lattice top peach pie that I made once before. Can't wait to try it with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream.
If you have bunches of peaches, slice 'em up and bake a pie. Nothing's better than a fresh fruit pie in the summer.
Lattice-Top Peach PieIngredients
1 package refrigerated pie crusts
6 cups thinly sliced, pared ripe peaches
1 teaspoon lemon juice
3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
2 tablespoons flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
1. Roll out 1 pie crust to fit your pie plate.
2. Roll out the other pie crust into a 12" circle. With a sharp knife, cut fourteen 3/4"-inch wide strips. Refrigerate until ready to use.
3. Preheat oven to 425º.
4. Sprinkle the sliced peaches with lemon juice
5. Combine sugar, flour, salt and cinnamon in a small bowl and add to the peaches, tossing lightly to combine.
6. Turn the mixture into the pastry-lined pie plate. Dot with the butter pieces.
7. Moisten the edge of the pastry slightly with cold water. Arrange 7 pastry strips across the filling; press ends to the pastry edges.
8. Place the remaining 7 strips across the first ones, at right angles, to make the lattice. Press ends to the pastry edges.
9. Fold the overhang of the lower crust over the ends of the strips to make a rim.
10. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until the peaches are tender and the crust is golden.
Then enjoy with a big, big scoop of ice cream melting over the pie. Mmmmmm. Can't wait to dig in.