Avocado Potato Salad
- ⅓ cup Fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. Finely chopped fresh garlic
- ¾ cup Mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- 1 ½ quarts Diced, cooked red new potatoes
- 1 cup Diced celery
- 1 cup Chopped sweet onion
- 2 lbs. ripe Fresh California Avocados
- ½ cup Chopped cilantro
- Cilantro sprigs or celery leaves for garnish - As needed
- To make dressing, mix lemon juice and garlic; stir in mayonnaise and olive oil; reserve.
- Combine potato, celery, and onion; fold in reserved dressing.
- Just Before Service
- Dice California Avocados; gently fold avocado and cilantro into salad mixture.
- Per Order
- Garnish 1/2 cup serving with cilantro sprig or celery leaves.
- Keeping Fresh California Avocados in Top Form:
- To preserve the color of fresh California Avocados up to six hours, spray, brush or dip exposed surfaces with lemon juice (adds slight acidity) or milk (neutral flavor). Completely cover with plastic wrap or foil before refrigerating.
Have a great weekend and eat plenty of California avocados.