The recipe is from Aldaco's Mexican Restaurant in San Antonio, Texas www.aldacos.net/menu.html. If you're in the area, stop by and try the original Avocado Margarita there.
Aldaco's Avocado Margarita
Makes 2 cocktails
- The Basic Frozen Margarita
- 3 c. cubed ice
- 4 oz. Cuervo Gold Tequila
- 4 oz. Cointreau Orange Liqueur
- 2 oz. fresh lime juice
- 6 oz. of sweet and sour To complete the margarita:
- 1 lg. Hass avocado
- 2 oz. sweet and sour
- Chile-Lime salt (optional)
- 1 avocado for garnish (optional)
Add 2 more ounces sweet and sour to frozen batch and blend about 20 seconds. Rim martini glass with chile-lime salt, pour margarita into glass and serve.
To garnish: Roll outer side of avocado slice in Kosher or chile-lime salt. Gently press slice onto the rim of glass.
This recipe was written up in www.restmex.com. Check them out, they have some fabulous looking recipes.
Happy Cinco De Mayo.