Wish you were here today. We just had a delicious lunch featuring one of our avocados. It's our favorite way and the most basic way to eat an avocado. Just cut in half, remove the seed and squeeze on some lemon juice and add salt. What could be better? What's your favorite and most basic way to eat avocados?
Since it's almost Cinco de Mayo (2 more days) here's a recipe for everyone's favorite - guacamole:
- 4 ripe, Fresh California Avocados, seeded and peeled
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- ⅛ tsp. ground cumin
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce Tortilla chips
- Using a fork, coarsely mash avocado with lemon juice and garlic.
- Stir in remaining ingredients to blend.
Try with a local California beer or wine.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
It's my birthday tomorrow, so I'm going to post a recipe for avocado cake. Yikes! Can you imagine?
So long from the grove.